[Openmcl-devel] AWS API code (re: GUI:BACKGROUND-PROCESS-RUN-FUNCTION)

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Wed Jan 25 11:01:42 PST 2012

BTW and FYI, the reason I'm using GUI:BACKGROUND-PROCESS-RUN-FUNCTION is that I'm writing some code to interface to Amazon's AWS API.  Spinning up instances takes a while, so I do them in parallel to save time.  I'm running CCL eval servers on the instances, so I essentially have a Lisp supercomputer that I can spin up whenever I need it.  It's pretty wizzy, if I do say so myself :-)

If anyone is interested in this code let me know and I'll make it available.  Also, if you're in the Bay Area, I'm going to be presenting it at the BALispers meetup this weekend.

rg