[Openmcl-devel] *read-default-float-format* in IDE

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Fri Jan 27 10:42:16 PST 2012

On Jan 27, 2012, at 10:57 AM, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> No matter what I do, I can't seem to save a 64-bit Cocoa IDE application where *read-default-float-format* is anything other than single-float.

[sets *read-default-float-format*, saves image]

> But launching Clozure CL64 test yields:
>
> Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.8-dev-r15184M-trunk  (DarwinX8664)!
> ? *read-default-float-format*
> SINGLE-FLOAT
>
> Wrapping the ccl:build-application form in the appropriate let doesn't work either. Neither does setting *read-default-float-format* in my ide init file (which I can verify is otherwise being loaded).

As of version 1.5, I/O control variables that are bound by with-standard-io-syntax are thread local.  This includes *read-default-float-format*.

It's possible to set the default initial binding for thread-local special variables with a form like this:
(ccl::def-standard-initial-binding *read-default-float-format* 'double-float)

We probably need to have a documented and exported way to do this...