[Openmcl-devel] $fasl-platform et al

Burton Samograd burton.samograd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 19:48:46 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying a bit of a hack with the compiler code by ripping compile-file,
 %compile-file, fcomp-file and fcomp-read-loop and putting it into my ccl-init file
under an (in-package "CCL") and hoping that things will compile properly.  I'm
trying to make a function #'compile-stream that will take an input stream and
produce a fasl file. Why? Because :)

I'm running into problems running the modified code because of some variables
that are prefixed by $ like $fasl-platform and i'm expecting $fasl-src and a couple
of others.  I did a search and saw that they look to be defined in the level-0
package.  I already have a (require :level-2) as it was at the top of nfcomp.lisp
where I ripped the compile-file code from, but this does not provide these $ symbols.
A (require :level-0) does not seem to be able to find such a package.

I realize I'm probably treading in deep water here just ripping parts of the code
out into a separate file, but looking at the compile-file code it didn't look too
difficult to change the src file name to a stream and pass it on down the functions
with minimal changes.

How might I get access to these missing $ variables?

Thanks.

--
Burton Samograd