[Openmcl-devel] Debian packaging for CCL

Faheem Mitha faheem at faheem.info
Thu Jun 28 08:52:22 PDT 2012

Hi,

Debian does not have CCL currently packaged. I looked into how hard
this might be to do, and it doesn't look so easy, at least if one was
to try from a standing start. This impression is based just on looking
at the instructions in the manual. Among other issues, CCL will need a
binary installation of itself to build. The last official version of
CCL in Debian was when it was called Openmcl, and that was in sarge,
and that was only for the powerpc arch. Sarge was released 6th June
2005. Sometime after sarge, CCL must have been ported to other archs,
I guess.

There have been some ITPs recently, but none made it into Debian
unstable, or even mentors, and nobody ever published their packaging,
as far as I can tell. Since CCL seems quite stable now, the packaging
would probably not need to change very much between releases.

Does anyone know of any Debian packaging attempts out there that I
could try to build on? Please CC me on any reply. Thanks.

                                                        Regards, Faheem