[Openmcl-devel] 1.8 prerelease

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Tue Mar 13 07:20:48 PDT 2012

On Mar 13, 2012, at 5:41 AM, Antony wrote:

> On 3/12/2012 11:07 PM, Mark H. David wrote:
>> Why are all OS's getting worse?!
>>

> This is why I tried freebsd a while ago and posted here about it. Since I haven't seen any mention of it, I assume freebsd 9.0 is still not in the picture for CCL 1.8.

Have you tried to CCL to run on FreeBSD 9?  CCL definitely works on
FreeBSD 8.1, and I would be surprised to learn that 9.0 broke CCL,
though I have not installed a 9.0 system to see that for myself.

The binaries in svn are built on a FreeBSD 8.1 system, so it might be
necessary on 9.0 to do

$ cd ccl/lisp-kernel/freebsdx8664
$ make

if 9.0 is not binary compatible with 8.1.