[Openmcl-devel] Combining FASLs

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed May 2 23:42:07 PDT 2012

On Thu, 3 May 2012, Far?wrote:

> Dear CCL developers,
>
> is there a relatively simple way in CCL to combine several FASLs into one ?

Let's look, shall we ?

? (apropos "FASL-CONCAT")
       FASL-CONCATENATE, Def: FUNCTION
CCL::%FASL-CONCATENATE, Def: FUNCTION

Why yes, there is!

I don't remember how its arguments are specified or processed; whenever
I need to use it, I wind up R-ing section 4.10 of TFM.

True Fact: version 1.0 of what became known as MCL was released in 1987;
it didn't have the ability to save or load heap images.  The application
(well, the data fork of the application) was just a fairly large (several
hundred Kb!) concatenated FASL file that loaded itself every time the
application was launched.