[Openmcl-devel] How to debug?

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:32:03 PST 2012

Ralph,

I use TRACE [1], break, stack traces in Slime and good old print
statement debugging, like back in the day.  One of the most useful
facilities in Slime's debugger is, by the way, that you can place your
cursor on any stack frame and press "v" to go to the source location
of the invocation.  Also, a stack frame can be expanded by Enter.  In
my experience, CCL's source location is pretty good, and I tend to not
miss single stepping too much.  Sometimes, it helps to recompile a
file with full debugging (C-u C-c C-k) to get better debug info,
although CCL is pretty good by default.

-Hans

[1] http://netzhansa.blogspot.de/2012/02/traces-of-awesomeness.html