[Openmcl-devel] Finder treatment of .lisp files

peter p2.edoc at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 1 05:57:27 PDT 2012

I would like to explicitly set which of various versions of the
Clozure OSX application opens a file which is clicked on in the
finder.

(I've made effective branch copies of the base "Clozure CL64.app" API
via (require "cocoa-application"), but I want the distribution
(earliest and pure) version of  the distribution app to be used, not
the latest version.)

Choosing the root Clozure app in the finder Get Info dialog and
"Change All..." flips the choice back to the later app version within
the dialog (so does not work).

I've tried duplicating the root app, but that seems to copy whatever
is age is the determining info.

Perhaps my quest would be answered if I knew what determined which
version of an application is used by OSX.