[Openmcl-devel] MOP: slot-definition-name and conditional compliation

Steven Núñez steven.nunez at illation.com
Tue Oct 16 06:35:37 PDT 2012

Gents,

I'm wading into the deep end here for a first LISP project in more than 20 years (last time was on a Symbolics XL1200!).

I'm getting some errors related to slot-definition-name (and types) that appear to be related to conditional compilation. This page:

http://ccl.clozure.com/manual/chapter11.2.html

Indicates that these MOP functions are exported from the CCL package, however the system I'm loading (XMLisp) has the following conditional imports:

 #+:mcl
  (import '(ccl:slot-definition-name ccl:slot-definition-type ccl:slot-definition-initform))
  #+(or :ccl-5.1 :openmcl)
  (import '(ccl:class-slots))
…

Emacs helpfully colors the non-applicable conditionals in red (same color as comments), and the ccl:class-slots import is the one being executed.

Does anyone have handy the proper import conditional for ccl 1.8? Where would this be documented (:openmcl, :mcl or :ccl-X.Y) ?

I also found CloserMOP that seems to smooth over some of these implementation difference. Has anyone experience with this? It it worth trying to use it in this case?

Cheers,
- Steve