[Openmcl-devel] Modal dialog problems with CCL 1.9 32/64 on Mountain Lion

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Sep 5 18:49:45 PDT 2012

Just to clarify (I saw Alex's message indicating that our emails crossed):

There are/have been several ways in the CCL IDE code base of forcing
something to execute in the main thread.  All of them ultimately call
either CCL::QUEUE-FOR-EVENT-PROCESS (which simply arranges that the
event process will run a specified function "soon") or
CCL::CALL-IN-EVENT-PROCESS (which waits until the event process runs
the function and returns the value(s) it returns.)  These functions
now default to using #/performSelectorOnMainThread... in preference to
using libdispatch.

User code that uses things like GUI:EXECUTE-IN-GUI shouldn't have to
change.