[Openmcl-devel] truncated utf-8 cstrings and %get-utf-8-cstring

Sergey Makeev mac.798 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 06:41:58 PDT 2013

Hello group.

  I found that if utf-8 cstring is truncated inside multi-byte character
then ccl:%get-utf-8-cstring function will signal error,
because ccl:utf-8-length-of-memory-encoding ignores this trailing "trash"
byte(s) but ccl:utf-8-memory-decode will process it.
  So I can't decide is if "bug" of "feature" :-), do I  need handle such
errors or it's better to "overload" this funtions with my local versions?

Best regards,
Sergey