[Openmcl-devel] errors with the 1.9 rc

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sat Feb 9 12:57:19 PST 2013

Please report this as an ASDF bug on launchpad.

I *suspect* that what is happening is that ASDF believes it needs to
reload itself, and finds the Debian version.

I could be wrong about this.

At any rate, you should report it to ASDF, which has recently changed
its behavior to consider the possibility that it itself needs update
when it loads a dependent system.

This has caused me troubles, as well, and I worked with Faré to tidy
some of them up.  He is very supportive of repairs, and getting a good
version of ASDF into CCL would be A Good Thing.

Is this another "common lisp controller" issue?  If so, it's been a
steady stream of problems...  You can count on your lisp library's
provider not using it, and not caring about fixing problems in its
packaging...

BTW, I don't think you should worry about removing Debian ASDF; I don't
know of a lisp implementation that doesn't ship with ASDF in it now.

HtH,