[Openmcl-devel] freebsd 9.1 amd64

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat Feb 9 16:08:09 PST 2013

Source changes to the CCL kernel that were intended to fix the problem
were committed to the CCL trunk.  I don't know whether or not you
compiled the kernel before trying to run it ...

The changes don't seem to have fixed the problem (where at least some
of the problem seems to have to do with AVX-related changes to the
format of signal contexts in FreeBSD 9.1.)

I have a core i3 machine (with AVX) that I should be able to install 9.1 on
and will try to announce something here when I'm really sure that I understand
what else is happening and how to fix it.  Thanks.

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013, Mark Cox wrote:

> On 09/02/2013, at 1:14 AM, Gary Byers wrote:
>
>> I was able to run 9.1 under VMware and think/hope that this is now fixed
>> in the CCL trunk.  If people who can reproduce this could try the trunk,
>> that'd be helpful.
>
> I fresh checkout of trunk does the following on both of my virtual machines:
>
> $ ./fx86cl64
> Unhandled exception 10 at 0x300001050b6b, context->regs at #x7fffffffd280
> received signal 10; faulting address: 0x300001050b6b
> ? for help
> [88099] Clozure CL kernel debugger:
>
> I installed misc/compat6x as stated in [1].
>
> Mark
>
> Just to confirm that I have the right binary.
> MD5 (fx86cl64) = bf5ed64025fc0869134128e2dd520c52
>
> [1] http://ccl.clozure.com/manual/chapter2.1.html#freebsdx86
>
> Script done on Sat Feb  9 01:06:42 2013
>
>> On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, Cyrille Duret wrote:
>>
>>> mm?
>>> Yes mine have AVX too
>>> @ sudoi sysctl -a | egrep -i 'hw.machine|hw.model|hw.ncpu'
>>> hw.machine: amd64