[Openmcl-devel] errors with the 1.9 rc

Faheem Mitha faheem at faheem.info
Sat Feb 9 23:57:33 PST 2013

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013, Gary Byers wrote:

> See ?  Trying to debug is much better than ... whatever the alternative is.
>
> If you remove or rename the version of ASDF in "ccl:tools;", is REQUIRE
> able to find the Debian version ?  If so ...
>
> If you rename the version of ASDF in "ccl:tools" to something like
> "ccl:tools;upstream-asdf.lisp", then anyone who wanted to use that
> version (and understood that it didn't interoperate correctly with
> the Debian-provided version) could do:
>
> ? (require "ASDF" "ccl:tools;upstream-asdf")

Does not seem like it.

faheem at orwell:/usr/local/src/ccl/ccl/tools$ hg mv asdf.lisp upstream-asdf.lisp

faheem at orwell:/usr/local/src/ccl/ccl$ rlwrap ./lx86cl -n
Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.9-rc1-r15685  (LinuxX8632)!
? (require 'asdf)
> Error: Module ASDF was not provided by any function on
*MODULE-PROVIDER-FUNCTIONS*.
> While executing: REQUIRE, in process listener(1).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.

> I'm not really qualified to have an opinion.  We package ASDF with CCL
> as a convenience to users (and in the belief that it's indeed convenient
> for ... people who want to use ASDF.)  We were asked to try to get the
> latest version of ASDF into the CCL trunk and 1.9 release and to encourage
> people to use and test it.

Ok. As per Robert's recommendation, I'm filing an ASDF bug on Launchpad.

                                                                       Faheem