[Openmcl-devel] with-package

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sat Jan 12 07:06:16 PST 2013

I would really discourage you from doing this, even if you can get it to work. Stuffing symbols into a package and then ripping them back out on the fly is pretty crude surgery. It makes the correctness of your code depend on arbitrary context. ("When I call this, will it cause a symbol clash error?").

Am I correct in thinking that all you want to do is save some typing? If so, a macro that lets you access symbols without explicitly specifying the package, but doesn't have these gross side effects, is probably to be preferred.