[Openmcl-devel] Clozure and emacs

Greg Bennett gwbennett at sentex.ca
Tue Nov 5 15:23:31 PST 2013

I blush to haveto confess that I have lost my way with Version
1.9-r15968M (Linux8664)!
and emacs23 under linuxMint. Ccl is installed in /home/gwbennett/ccl.

I have run through the quicklisp setup again, and duly appended to (in
fact, made the only
entries in) my .emacs file the two lines

(load (expand-file-name "~/quicklisp/slime-helper.el"))
(setq inferior-lisp-program "/home/gwbennett/ccl/scripts/ccl64 -K utf8")

When I startup emacs afresh, split to two stacked panes, and in the
bottom pane
use M-x slime-mode (which is what I thought I used to do), I am told
No match.

A pointer to what I have evidently overlooked will save such little hair
as I still have.

Many thanks
Greg Bennett