[Openmcl-devel] trying some ASuDF tests on Windows (was: Re: [asdf-devel] Volunteer for LispWorks testing?)

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Thu Sep 5 13:14:13 PDT 2013

Fare wrote:

> The test-bundle.script output suggests that, on Windows, there might
> be a bug in ccl:fasl-concatenate. Please create a reduced test, and
> open a bug against CCL if that is indeed the case, using
> http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/newticket

Ok, I went ahead and opened a CCL bug, which was (almost immediately)
reported as fixed in the subversion trunk and the ticket (#1109) was
closed. Then I built a CCL from the trunk (which is 1.10-dev), and indeed
this failure goes away when using 1.10-dev. See the results in the
2013-09-05 folder in the link below.

> The test-multiple.script failure reveals an error in run-program, that
> looks like it does a (cons "cmd" argument) instead of a (list "cmd"
> argument). Same failure in test-run-program.script.

I tried changing the code in uiop/run-program.lisp from:

  #+clozure (cons "cmd" (strcat "/c" command))

   #+clozure (list "cmd" (strcat "/c" command))

but still get some failures in test-run-program.script. Maybe they are
different failures.  See results below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jc2cqwpkp06dupm/1FZ_YlVvVW/cl/tests/asdf/output

By the way, the run-program tests seem to use the command "ln" for testing
-- this command isn't there by default on Windows, is it?

The issue with ";" vs. ":" for path separator I'm not sure exactly where to
fix, so I leave that alone for the time being (anyone else care to jump on
it?) --- apparently that's not CCL-specific, but a general Windows asdf
testing issue?

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support
david.cooper at genworks.com, dave.genworks.com(skype)
USA: 248-327-3253(o), 1-248-330-2979(mobile)
UK: 0191 645 1699