[Openmcl-devel] Setting a toplevel function for build-application

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Tue Sep 17 11:25:45 PDT 2013

Thanks as always for taking the time to write up this detailed reply.  However...

On Sep 17, 2013, at 9:31 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> If you can figure out how to persuade BUILD-APPLICATION to use
> BEEPING-APPLICATION-DELEGATE as you application's delegate's
> class name, you're only minutes away from having an application
> the beeps when it starts up.  (The thrill may wear off fairly
> quickly.)

In the code for build-application is the following comment:

;;; TODO:
;;;  1. make a way to specify a user-defined app delegate in build-application

so this does not seem like a promising approach for someone like me who doesn't really understand what's going on under the hood of the cocoa application startup process.

There is an existence proof that what I want to do is possible (AgentSheets).  Surely Alex is not the only person on the planet -- or even on this list -- who has figured out how to build a standalone Mac application on CCL?

rg