[Openmcl-devel] What's the minimal way to start using the ObjectiveC bridge?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Apr 28 11:48:06 PDT 2014

That (the "trace/bpt trap") is usually a symptom of Apple leaving a debugger
breakpoint in some shared library (CoreFoundation, IIRC) if that library's
initialization code discovers that it's running on something other than
the initial thread.  (Apple's a multibillion dollar company; they'd have
several K$ less in the bank if they bothered to think about this a bit more.)

CCL has worked around this for the last several years by forcing shared libraries
to be opened on the main thread.  It's apparently the case that (at least on 10.9
and whatever OSX version you're using) some library initialization code runs lazily,
e.g., when some ObjC method is first invoked.  I'm curious enough about this to
want to look at things under GDB, but not curious enough to build GDB from source
or learn lldb ...