[Openmcl-devel] Log messages

Paul Krueger plkrueger at comcast.net
Wed Dec 3 06:24:07 PST 2014

In the unlikely case that anyone is interested, I’ve discovered the (almost) root cause of this problem. It turns out that these CG log messages are always preceded by another logged error message:
12/2/14 10:18:26.468 AM dx86cl64[94101]: [QL] Can't get plugin bundle info at file:///Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Library/QuickLook/SourceCode.qlgenerator

That is something of a known problem associated with quicklook when creating open panels and as far as I can tell there is no fix for it. It’s sort of harmless. If you check your log when you open a file in the CCL IDE you’ll see this message (at least I always do). That may be an artifact of something else in my system, but I haven’t been able to identify what that might be or what to do about it. If anyone DOES know, please contact me.

It turns out that if you #/retain an NSOpenPanel then you not only get that message, you also trigger whatever logging is causing those CG messages that I showed in my first email. I’ve verified that this happens if I do a (make-instance ns:ns-open-panel …) or (#/init (#/allocate ns:ns-open-panel)) or (#/retain (#/openPanel ns:ns-open-panel)). The only way to avoid the CG messages is to create a new temporary open panel each time I need it via (#/openPanel ns:ns-open-panel). Some day soon I’ll check in changes to my contrib that do that.

On Sep 15, 2014, at 6:41 PM, Paul Krueger <plkrueger at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2014, at 6:00 PM, R. Matthew Emerson <rme at clozure.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 15, 2014, at 5:01 PM, Paul Krueger <plkrueger at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> While doing Mac app development using 1.10-dev-r16162-trunk I noticed that there are a large number of messages logged that appear to be tracking Core Graphics lib calls. This doesn’t hurt anything, but I’m wondering if somebody turned on some sort of debugging code that is creating the log entries. I’m doing the same sort of thing in my own code, which is how I discovered this. Is there any way to turn off this output?
>>>
>>> Log output looks like:
>>>
>>> 9/15/14 3:46:02.032 PM dx86cl64[68550]: CGSGetWindowTransformAtPlacement
>>> 9/15/14 3:46:02.033 PM dx86cl64[68550]: CGSTranslatePointForWindow
>>> 9/15/14 3:46:02.033 PM dx86cl64[68550]: CGSGetWindowBounds
>>> 9/15/14 3:46:02.033 PM dx86cl64[68550]: CGSGetWindowTransformAtPlacement
>>> 9/15/14 3:46:02.034 PM dx86cl64[68550]: CGSTranslatePointForWindow