[Openmcl-devel] Stuck with a strange emacs / openmcl problem

Fabrice Popineau fabrice.popineau at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 01:45:30 PST 2014

> If "emacs -Q" shows the same problem, I'd suggest using SysInternals
> tools to find what exactly happens and why.  ProcessExplorer and
> ProcessMonitor come to mind.

Thanks.

Here is what process explorer shows about the process environment :

[image: Images intégrées 1]

It seems to confirm this diagnostic (found with Google, same symptoms,
different context) about the 10106 error :
" On Windows, if the environment is not copied the SYSTEMROOT environment
variable won't be available and PHP will have problems loading Winsock."

So it seems that OpenMCL is run without inheriting any environment, which
is not good.
I don't see (yet) why the environment is not inherited.

Fabrice