[Openmcl-devel] encoding/decoding clozure strings to/from UTF-8

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Tue Dec 30 11:46:36 PST 2014

You’re working way too hard.  Character streams automatically do work for you.  All character streams in CCL have a parameter that sets their character encoding, and the default is UTF-8.  So unless you want a different encoding, you should just be able to output characters to a stream and the Right Thing will happen.  If it doesn’t, then either your default encoding has changed somehow, or you’ve found a bug in CCL.