[Openmcl-devel] Running code in a hemlock-view

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sun Feb 16 14:12:10 PST 2014

Not sure what you mean by running code “in a hemlock view”.  Hemlock views don’t have associated threads, so running code “in a Hemlock view” doesn’t really make sense.

Calling hi::handle-hemlock-event outside the context of an event handler fails because somewhere along the line it calls some cocoa function that can only be called from the main thread.  (What ever gave you the idea that calling hi::handle-hemlock-event might be fruitful?)

I would recommend reading chapter 6 of the CCL docs, particularly section 6.12.

rg