[Openmcl-devel] read error in ccl 1.9

Mark Klein m_klein at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 16 18:40:31 PDT 2014

I have a file of s-expressions, which includes foreign language characters, that I am reading in as follows:

 (defun test (file)
    (with-open-file (stream file)
      (loop while (read stream nil nil))))

It reads the file without errors in ccl 1.8, but throws an error under 1.9:

? (test "/users/markklein/desktop/naples.text")
> Error: Reader error: Illegal symbol syntax.
> While executing: CCL::%PARSE-TOKEN, in process Listener(5).
> Type cmd-. to abort, cmd-\ for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options.
1 >

Does anyone have any ideas what is going wrong, and how to fix it?

I’ve attached the file, zipped.

   Thanks!
Mark

Mark Klein
http://cci.mit.edu/klein

Principal Research Scientist
Center for Collective Intelligence
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Visiting Researcher
Dynamic and Distributed Information Systems Group
University of Zurich