[Openmcl-devel] save-application to show warning messages?

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Tue Mar 25 06:04:17 PDT 2014

Florian Dietz <Florian.Dietz2 at gmx.de> writes:

> thanks, that fixed it.
> Any idea why this was not necessary before clozure 1.9?
> That's probably not important, but maybe it does have some useful reason.

In general you cannot expect flushing from the "system".  It has always
been up to the application to flush its outputs.  Even in C, you have to
use fflush(stdout); if you want to ensure output is written
(fprintf(stderr,…) calls fflush(stderr); automatically however).

So your code wasn't conforming and this is why it didn't work on
clozure 1.9 :-)

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/