[Openmcl-devel] problem entering a tilde in the REPL with a German keyboard on a MacBook

Thomas Käufl kaeufl at online.de
Sat Feb 28 12:09:08 PST 2015

Hi all,

> Am 26.2.2015 um 11:02 schrieb carpetemporem . <carpetemporem at gmail.com>:

> I'm using CCL on a MacBook with a German keyboard where the shortcut for tilde is alt-n.

this character is diacritical one. It is used for characters
like ñ (alt-n and then n) or ã (alt-n and then a). When you
exchange your text with users on other platforms, problems
might occur.

There is also "the small tilde": alt-shift 8.

I just tried it: Both, ~/ (the diacritical character) and ˜/
(the small tilde) allow to navigate to the home directory.

Thomas Käufl