[Openmcl-devel] hemlock, mac yosemite, and observing contentLayoutRect

Arthur Cater arthur.cater at ucd.ie
Sun Nov 1 09:49:03 PST 2015

Hi,

I regret recently upgrading my macbook pro from OS 10.6.8 to yosemite 10.10.5

But now I’ve done it I’ve run into a problem. I’d previously tinkered with Hemlock
in order to make a new kind of window where I can click on sections of text and get
lisp actions performed in response. This still works for me, using now ccl 1.10 (16196)
dx86cl64.

But when I close such a window, I get an exception that brings up the AltConsole
window, where it complains that it cannot remove NSScrollViewxxx as an observer
of the contentLayoutRect property of the NSWindow - because it isn’t an observer.

This doesn’t happen with regular Hemlock windows, just the ones whose behavior
I have tinkered with. Doubtless I’ve done something wrong. But I wonder, when
making ccl 1.10 work on Yosemite, did anything similar happen and if so how was
it fixed?

I’ve searched the ccl sources for things like 'ns-window' ‘nswindow' 'ns-scroll-view'
‘observe’ ‘contentlayoutrect’ and others, and found no inspiration. I’ve also found
with google other complaints about similar-sounding issues in at least one other app,
but I wonder if anybody with more experience than me with, and a better understanding
than mine of, Apple’s KVO as it pertains to windows and scrollviews could drop me
a hint.

Thanks, Arthur