[Openmcl-devel] How about Git?

mikel evins mevins at me.com
Sun Nov 29 19:12:06 PST 2015

> On Nov 29, 2015, at 9:03 PM, Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> wrote:
>
> I don't use git often enough  to be familiar with it, and (largely as a result of that ignorance)
> I find git to be slow and unpleasant to use ...

One observation nobody’s made yet is that Github has become the de facto standard place to distribute open-source projects. That means there are some network effects—for example, everyone (for some fuzzy value of “everyone”) knows how to get a project from Github in a few seconds.

There are about 6 million repos on Github. Github has about 3.5 million users. A search for “Common Lisp” on Github returns a little over 2700 repos.

For what it’s worth. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good idea to migrate, but presumably having the info is better than not having it.