[Openmcl-devel] Intermittent FFI problem

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Wed Apr 6 18:56:09 PDT 2016

I have made some progress on debugging this.  It is definitely a CCL bug, and very strange one.  Here’s how to reliably reproduce it:

1.  Start the IDE and run the following code.  Important: do not click on any menus other than the LISP menu (to select “evaluate all” if you wish)

(open-shared-library "libssl.dylib")
(foreign-symbol-address "SSL_get_version")
(close-shared-library (car ccl::*shared-libraries*))
(foreign-symbol-address "SSL_get_version”)

2.  Note that the last value returned is NIL.  Note also that this behavior is consistent no matter how many times you run the code.

3.  Click on the “Windows” menu.  Don’t actually select a window, just activate the menu and de-activate it again.  (The FILE and EDIT menus work to produce the bug as well, but not LISP or TOOLS.)

4.  Run the above code again.  Note that the last value returned is no longer NIL.

This is reliably reproducible in 1.10-r16479M and 1.11-dev-r16485M-trunk.  I have not tried any other versions.

rg