[Openmcl-devel] CCL as shared library.

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Mon Apr 18 15:32:59 PDT 2016

Dmitry Igrishin <dfigrish at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Could you tell me please, is it possible to build "lisp kernel" as a
> shared library
> and map the "heap image" from arbitrary C/C++ program? (Yes, I know
> about the
> ECL/MKCL, but I'm curious about embedding the CCL.)
> Thanks.

Compiling a shared library would be the least of the problems you'd
have.

I don't know whether ccl needs to map the image at a fixed address
(perhaps the address where it was saved from?); you would have to
determine that, and deal with it.

But the biggest problems would come (as with any other CL
implementation, or actually, as when trying to merge any two
runtime-like libraries whatever they are), from the handling of signals
and threads.