[Openmcl-devel] Some Arm (RPi) bugs - missing compiler functions - and a possible solution

JTK jetmonk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 16:20:20 PDT 2016

Hello,

I submitted a ticket here but since it hasn’t been flagged as ‘owned' I figure I should probably cross post to the list.

http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/ticket/1379 <http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/ticket/1379>

The problems:

1. in arm2.lisp line 337 'nfp-store-unboxed-double-float-nested’ should be 'nfp-store-double-float-nested’ to agree with arm-visns.lisp

2. in arm-visns.lisp, the following need to be defined as described in ticket:
 - nfp-store-complex-single-float
 - nfp-store-complex-single-float-nested
 - nfp-load-complex-single-float
 - nfp-load-complex-single-float-nested

These missing definitions to show up in type-declared and optimized single-float code, which might be why the compiler is able to self-compile without them.

My code now seems to work OK, though I have no good understanding of how my definitions work, because I merely used existing double float functions as a template replacing apparent double-float opcodes with single-float.

Cheers,
J.Klein