[Openmcl-devel] listener ? prompt - retrieve previously eval'd expressions?

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Mon Jul 4 09:00:15 PDT 2016

When you say “does not seem to work” what exactly do you mean?  Does it crash?  Generate an error? Do nothing?  What exactly are you doing to test it?

And while you’re at it, what do you mean by:

> The '+' etc, does not work on my install.

That is very peculiar.  Those variables are part of the CL standard.  That they would “not work” is almost inconceivable.

Also:

> I know the Listener is reading it because if I remove the 'in-package...' it produces an error at start-up.

There are less radical ways to check if your ccl-ide-init file is being loaded, e.g.:

(print “CCL-IDE-INIT has been loaded”)

or

(defvar *ccl-ide-init-has-been-loaded* t)

or

(setf *load-verbose* t)
(load “your-real-ccl-ide-init.lisp”)

The latter is my preferred solution because then I can keep the actual code wherever I want.

rg