[Openmcl-devel] Executing CCL from within C/C++

Josh Hamell jhamell at sift.net
Mon Jul 25 15:36:28 PDT 2016

Hi,

We have had great experiences using CCL on a number of different
projects in different capacities, and are now looking at a very niche
use case.

Within Linux, is it possible to compile a C/C++ program against
lisp-kernel headers, link against the binary (lx86cl64), and execute
arbitrary Lisp code as input char* s-expressions?  Naively, I can peruse
the exposed functions using objdump, and would like to believe in a
simple way to start the interpreter, load an existing heap image, and
run, all through simple C.  This is sort of a "reverse CFFI" - our issue
is that the C code needs to be the application entry point, without
resorting to separate processes.

We have looked at another Common Lisp implementation which supports this
kind of interaction, but have come away with some serious issues which
we do not have the resources to address on this project.

Thanks,
Josh