[Openmcl-devel] new trunk binaries, OS X in particular

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon Jun 6 18:10:28 PDT 2016

This only applies if you are running the development version of CCL (the trunk). If you are using the CCL 1.11 release, you will not be affected by any of this.

So, you're running the development version of CCL (the trunk).

I just checked in new bootstrapping binaries to the trunk.

The heap image version and fasl file versions have changed.  This means that any saved image files or fasl files will have to be rebuilt from source.

Also, if you are running OS X (Darwin), be sure you update the interface database files (contained in darwin-x86-headers and darwin-x86-headers64).  This will happen automatically if you are using the command recommended on http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/, namely:

svn co http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/trunk/darwinx86/ccl

If you are using some other way to get CCL, I hope you'll be able to figure out what to do.  One way might be to use the script in ccl:scripts;get-binaries.  If you get stuck, please send mail or ask on #ccl on irc.freenode.net.

All this trouble is to fix http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/ticket/969.  The versions associated with heap images and with fasl files are per-architecture, rather than per-platform, so even though the ABI only changed on Darwin, the other ports have to come along for the ride.