[Openmcl-devel] pprint in Common Lisp

Craig Lanning craig.t.lanning at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 13:50:16 PDT 2016

I have an application that makes use of the pprint facilities of Common
Lisp.  If I compile it with SBCL everything works fine.  If I compile
it with Clozure CL it doesn't print things the way I want.

I thought that maybe I just needed to #+/#- some things to get it to
work, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I determined that part of
the problem is that it ignores my attempt to set the right margin.  I
do this by dynamically binding the global variable
*PRINT-RIGHT-MARGIN*.

I entered a bug report in Trac about the right margin issue, but have
not seen any activity about it. The bug in Trac has an example of what
I am talking about.

Craig