[Openmcl-devel] Lisp Comparison

David McClain dbm at refined-audiometrics.com
Tue Apr 18 17:25:00 PDT 2017

Wow, sorry about the confusion here… That really does sound like plain interpreted code versus natively compiled code. A good bytecode compiler / closure “interpreter” will give 5:1. But I have seen 100:1 in simple minded interpreters vs native code. Looks like something is really off here.

Definitely, a profile is called for. I truly doubt that the underlying Lisp implementation is at fault.

- DM