[Openmcl-devel] Accessing network shares on Windows

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Wed Feb 15 08:24:44 PST 2017

> On Feb 15, 2017, at 8:12 AM, Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm running CCL on Windows and I would like to access files on the Windows network.
>
> I can map the network folder to a local drive (such as Z:).  This works fine.
>
> However, I am curious if I can directly specify the path to the network folder. Issuing
>
> (directory "//abc/xyz/*")
>
> gives NIL

CCL doesn't know about UNC-style pathnames, so your strategy of mapping the network folder to a drive letter is the way to go.

http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/ticket/1086 <http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/ticket/1086> is a fairly old ticket requesting that ccl be enhanced to support UNC pathnames.

It might be worthwhile to make a GitHub issue for this if you want.