[Openmcl-devel] Running ccl as a shebang script

Jānis Džeriņš lisp at jonis.lv
Thu Feb 16 08:07:04 PST 2017

Ron Garret <ron at flownet.com> writes:

> #!/bin/env python
> python-code
>
> Can Lisp do that?”  I want the answer to be an unqualified, “yes.”

But then again with Lisp (and buildapp -- thanks Zach!) one can create a
binary, and then do this:

  $ setcap cap_net_bind_service=+ep lisp-binary

I.e., lisp-binary now can create raw sockets, same applies to suid
bit. This is not possible with scripts that rely on shebang line.

My point is -- now that your Python enthusiast asks you the "Can Lisp do
that?" question, you ask them if Python can do this.

I also think «":" ; hacks» are an acceptable response to the "Can Lisp do
that?" question (shebang lines are a hack, anyway).

My $0.02,
--
Jānis Džeriņš