[Openmcl-devel] Access to serial io on Windows

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Sat Feb 25 13:20:18 PST 2017

> On Feb 24, 2017, at 10:23 AM, Andreas Thiele <andreas at atp-media.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to access serial io (COM-Ports) on MS-Windows from clozure lisp.
>
> Are there any hints on how I should approach this subject?
>
> Or is this already possible?

For Unix flavors, there is ccl:library;serial-streams.lisp that several people have used successfully.

For Microsoft Windows, you would need to use the FFI to call whatever Windows functions are needed.

Searching Google for "windows serial port programming" turns up some promising links.

http://xanthium.in/Serial-Port-Programming-using-Win32-API
https://batchloaf.wordpress.com/2013/02/13/writing-bytes-to-a-serial-port-in-c/

and more.

If you run into trouble using the FFI, just ask here.

http://ccl.clozure.com/docs/ccl.html#the-foreign-function-interface is the current documentation.  If you want to create GitHub issues about the documentation, I would certainly welcome that.