[Openmcl-devel] Reading Windows registry

lsxvdqe lsxvdqe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 06:47:27 PDT 2017

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017, Andreas Thiele wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anybody give me a hint how I can read the registry from clozure lisp on
> a Windows machine?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Andreas

Disclaimer: I don't write much Windows-specific code, so take this with a grain of salt.

I'm not aware of CL library for registry access, although there might be one.
Fortunately you can use WIN32 API via FFI directly.
Functions for registry access are provided by Advapi32.dll.
Some of this functions (like #_RegOpenKeyExW) are already in CCL interface database.

API docs:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724875(v=vs.85).aspx

Ruby interface (useful as reference):
https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/trunk/ext/win32/lib/win32/registry.rb