[Openmcl-devel] ccl 1.11.5 release

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Wed Nov 29 15:07:39 PST 2017

Hello everyone.

I'm pleased to announce that version 1.11.5 of Clozure Common Lisp is now available.

This release brings the 1.11 release up-to-date with current OS releases, and contains numerous bug fixes.

The fasl file version has not changed, so there is no need to recompile all your code.

With this release, CCL no longer relies on the old Subversion repository. Although the old Subversion repository will remain online for the foreseeable future, please be sure to look to GitHub for the most up-to-date versions of CCL.

https://ccl.clozure.com/download.html contains the details of how to download a copy.  Alternatively, you may go straight to the GitHub release page for 1.11.5 at https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/releases/tag/v1.11.5.

Development on Clozure CL has slowed greatly over the past couple of years, but now is the time to revitalize it.  This release is an initial step in that direction.

Please use https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/issues to report bugs or enhancement requests.

Clozure Associates has long supported the development of CCL.  But CCL is not now, nor has it ever been Clozure Associates' proprietary product.  The project welcomes and needs contributions from its users.  Thus, if you'd be interested in helping with CCL, by writing code, documentation, or by any other means, please let me know how I can help you do that.