[Openmcl-devel] advise : (:do-it-with-args . new-args)

73budden . budden73 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 07:08:44 PST 2018

Hi! Is there any sacred sense in having (:do-it) to not accept any
parameters and use original parameters? What if we want fake
parameters while advising?

To compare, http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lw60/LW/html/lw-832.htm#32640
and https://github.com/sbcl/sbcl/blob/master/src/code/fdefinition.lisp#L220
allow to call "next advice" with modified parameters.

It seem rather trivial to fix that: just add (:do-it-with-new-args)
into advise expansion. Several lines should be added here:
https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/blob/master/lib/encapsulate.lisp#L742

Is there any chance of acception of this patch? Of course, I can write
my own hotpatch, but I believe this would make sense for all users,
because CL would obtain more or less uniform advice facility which
behaves in a similar way in LW, CCL and SBCL (actually I'm using some
kind of portabe "decorate function" facility, but it does not support
multiple advices for one function currently).