[Openmcl-devel] CCL stepper - and last steps

73budden . budden73 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 10:38:10 PST 2018

Hi!

Unfortunately, I was unable to complete this project. Progress looks
impressive,
and I was able to step through compile-named-function and
x862-compile, but all that with some probability. It crashes very
frequently, and I think issue is not with my code, but with CCL
itself.

In the video https://youtu.be/SxYTF-gPRn0 I factored out any issues in
my IDE code and libs (except stepper itself). But anyway, sometimes it
works, sometimes it crashes.

Maybe the issue is that my approach is wrong, but I have a feeling
that the approach itself is ok. Either I didn't met some preconditions
to work with function-immediates (e.g. some locks, without gc and so
on), or something is wrong with CCL itself. Unfortunately, currently I
have no time to investigate it further.

If my approach is ok, and if someone can fix that to make it work
reliably, I have the idea how to (try to) implement clickable
breakpoints. I mean, clicking on the compiled code source in the
debugger and obtaining a breakpoint at that  point w/o dynamic
recompilation.

Code is here:

https://github.com/budden/ccl-stepper/commit/f4b4077b1cf5ffef7d304dca1924f2fc89ec746e
https://github.com/budden/ccl/commit/5def436ef6cbcd9604cdbd7da2b4b1934094d55e