[Openmcl-devel] Some smoking gun terminal weirdness

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Fri Mar 16 10:33:52 PDT 2018

On Mar 16, 2018, at 10:15 AM, Ron Garret <ron at flownet.com> wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2018, at 5:18 AM, Jan Gajdoš <y at gajdos.se> wrote:
>
>> Probably not CCL's problem.
>
> Except that I cannot reproduce this behavior in C.  I’ve tried a zillion variations and they all work perfectly.

Definitely a CCL problem.  I have now reproduced it on Linux and using iTerm.

Here is the most reliable demo I have so far:

(defun foo (delay cnt)
  (with-raw-input (dotimes (i cnt) (princ i) (terpri) (sleep delay))))

? (foo 0.1 10)
NIL
? (foo 0.1 10)
0
 1
  2
   3
    4
     5
      6
7
8
9
NIL

It also seems to be sensitive to whether or not there is a character in the input buffer.  Hitting a key while FOO is running changes the behavior dramatically.

rg