[Openmcl-devel] CCL under Mac OS 10.13.4

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Tue May 8 10:27:30 PDT 2018

> On May 7, 2018, at 5:38 PM, Mark Klein <m_klein at mit.edu> wrote:
>

> Ever since I upgraded my Mac to OS 10.13.4 (“High Sierra”) my Mac has been hanging, at unpredictable times, when I run CCL 1.11-store-r16714 (I get the “spinning color wheel” cursor)  - even if I haven’t loaded any lisp code yet. Is this a known problem, perhaps associated with the Mac OS change from the HFS+ to APFS file systems? Is there a fix?

This is the first I have heard about this problem.  Is anyone else seeing this?

I'll try to investigate soon, but I'm working on another issue at the moment.  The issue that I'm working on is, in fact, a Mac-only issue.  It appears to be a problem with suspending workqueue threads (as used by libdispatch/GCD).  This has been an ongoing source of trouble.  But, I didn't think that the basic IDE was affected.

I cannot imagine that it has anything to do with the file system.