[Openmcl-devel] master branch bootstrapping

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Mon Apr 22 17:47:02 PDT 2019

> On Apr 16, 2019, at 7:33 PM, R. Matthew Emerson <rme at acm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone.
>
> If you try to build a CCL from master branch sources, you'll run into bootstrapping problems.
>
> I'll make new bootstrapping binaries in the next few days, but until then, you might want to hold off updating.
>

> If you absolutely have to update, here's what you do:
>
> After you pull current sources, edit compiler/optimizers.lisp and comment out the compiler macro on cons.
>
> Start your current CCL binary, and load the code from https://plaster.tymoon.eu/view/1144#1144
>
> (rebuild-ccl :clean t) should work.
>
> Now, edit compiler/optimizers.lisp and uncomment the "define-compiler-macro cons" form, start ccl again, and do (rebuild-ccl :clean t) one more time.  You should then be 100% up-to-date.

I made a new GitHub snapshot release: https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/releases/tag/v1.12-dev.5

In order to build current sources, you *must* use the bootstrapping binaries found there.  At the moment, I have built and uploaded bootstrapping binaries for macOS and Linux.  Other platforms will follow in the next couple of days.