[Openmcl-devel] ccl and macOS Mojave

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Wed Jan 2 14:52:02 PST 2019

Hi everyone.

As you may know, there are some compatibility issues with CCL and macOS Mojave.

The symptom is that the Lisp will crash into the Lisp kernel debugger with a message like "sigreturn returned" (on 1.11.5) or else with a message like "unhandled exception 4".

The GitHub issue for this is https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/issues/146

I ran CCL under a debug kernel, and I got the message:

process dx86cl64[405] sigreturn token mismatch: received 0x7ffeefbff120 expected 0xb993f3f80d520774

I think this is because Mojave has code to detect the case where a sigreturn doesn't match up with a signal that the kernel delivered.  Ideally, I'd like to find some way to disable this for now, until I can come up with a way change CCL so that it isn't affected by this.

CCL currently does semi-naughty things like copying around signal contexts and calling sigreturn explicitly (rather than just falling off the end of a signal handler).

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

-m