[Openmcl-devel] Is CCL dead?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Fri May 3 09:36:16 PDT 2019

The app was rejected because it doesn't use the app sandbox.  Bypassing the default sigaction was not the reason.

We've been exempted from that up to now because we were in the app store before that requirement was instituted.  I'm not exactly sure why app review is insisting on using the app sandbox now, but the message was something like "you have adopted macOS Mojave, so you now need to use the app sandbox."

The only thing I can think of to try is to submit a version of the current 1.11.5 app that contains just bug fixes, and see if Apple will approve that.  I will try to do that this weekend if I can find some time.

If that attempt fails, I see no alternative other than removing the app from the app store, and distributing a pre-built/signed CCL.app via ccl.clozure.com.

-m