[Openmcl-devel] updated Mac App Store CCL

Dan S. Camper dan at bti.net
Mon Nov 11 18:21:38 PST 2019

A little late to the party, but....

I run Catalina in dark mode, so the missing text cursor was a bit annoying.  There is a workaround that I've confirmed, however.  You can disable dark mode for just CCL by dropping into the Terminal and issuing this command:

defaults write com.clozure.store.ccl-x8664 NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance -bool Yes

I did that when ccl was not running.  Upon launching, I was happy to see a blinking cursor in the listener.

The following command restores CCL honoring the system-wide dark mode setting (also confirmed):

defaults delete com.clozure.store.ccl-x8664 NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance

Disclaimer:  I have not tested this further than simply viewing the listener.  There may be some side-effect that could crop up down the road.

DSC

PS: I've been away from Lisp for literally decades (I still have my "The power to cancel your very best" t-shirt from the Cambridge group) but a recent project has given me the opportunity to reignite the flame.  This is gonna be fun.

Dan S. Camper
Thaumaturge