[Openmcl-devel] arithmetic primitives

Michał "phoe" Herda phoe at disroot.org
Sat Apr 18 03:43:45 PDT 2020

> I would like to use arithmetic primitives (add, mul, sub, div, ..) in
ccl, is this possible?

Hey!

I assume that you mean using the raw CPU assembly instructions of the
architecture on which you are. This means that you will not only need
raw assembly instructions, but you will also need raw machine integers;
basically writing assembly in CCL.

It's possible to write LAP (short for Lisp Assembly Program) functions
for Clozure Common Lisp; see
https://github.com/Clozure/ccl/blob/275105afd94706d95ac955178316074931822c42/level-0/X86/X8632/x8632-numbers.lisp
for example number-operating functions for x32. I am not aware if there
any tutorials or documentation for these, though.

~phoe